Thursday, October 19, 2017

Beating Depression

I can't fight with my health.  There are times that my body just says enough.  That is when I fall into a funk.  It is very hard to pull myself out of it but I have to live! 

I am one of those odd people that actually likes working out.  Endless running, walking or aerobics isn't my thing.  My lungs say nope.  Once my pulse rate hits a certain bpm, I'm done. 

Right now my endurance and energy levels are very low.  I'm starting over.....  again....

That's okay.  I know what to do. 

I thought about turning to Beach Body.  They sell great workouts that are mostly cardio.  See the problem?  And the entire company is based on a pyramid scheme.  Not something I really want to support.  I might actually go for it if the products weren't so overpriced. 

When I started looking for a fitness guide to follow this time, Dragon reminded my how effective the Buff Dudes schedule was.  Their eating plan is for men looking to add bulk.  Not my goal at all.  I already know how to eat clean.   I like the original 12 week plan.  It is available on pdf and is free.  The equipment I need is waiting for me in the garage. 

When I build lean muscle mass, the fat melts away, my endurance spikes, I sleep better and feel better.  All endless cardio does for me is shape my backside a little and make me tired. 

Tomorrow, I am rearranging my workout space.   The bench needs to be more convenient to use.  The mats need to be cleaned and things need to be organised a little better.  Yep, I'm a perfectionist. 

Gotta start somewhere. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're struggling so much, Rose. Sending lots of positive energy that you get organized and find a routine that works well for you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete